They say a ‘little bit of what you fancy does you good,’ and studies have shown that is indeed the case for many things, including having fun and indulging in what we like when it comes to our sexual preference, inside and out of the bedroom, including role playing. Being able to express ourselves sexually can be hugely beneficial to our mind, body and spirit.
Different Kinds of Roleplay
Roleplay can encompass many things, from dressing up in costume to acting out a specific fantasy or scenario.
Some common things people dress as for sexual roleplaying include:
- Doctor/patient or doctor/nurse
- Superhero/Movie character
- Furries (animal costume)
- BDSM – can be rubber, leather, PVC fetish wear
- Lace/erotic underwear
- Women’s lingerie (for men)
How Role Playing Can be Good for You
Roleplaying has been proven to have health benefits. If it’s something that you enjoy or think you may, there’s plenty of good reasons to do more of it!
- As you orgasm, you experience a hit of dopamine, which triggers feelgood chemicals in our brain, giving an overall sense of mental well being.
- Your body also releases endorphins, which give a natural high that can last hours after orgasm.
- Roleplaying is a form of escapism and that freedom can relieve stress and tension – just a brief moment of escapism from everyday life can almost be like a mini-vacation, leaving us feeling refreshed and energised.
- In an established relationship, it can keep things fresh. It’s never a bad thing to keep on being creative in all aspects of our life.
- Roleplaying and giving ourselves over to our sexual fantasies can be a healing experience. We can rewrite old, negative scripts that play in our mind, and replace them instead with new, positive ones.
- If you are with a partner, it can teach you new things about the person you are with. It can also build trust between you as you share previously hidden facets of yourself, which in turn can bring you closer. It is always a good thing to show that vulnerability and trust with someone you care about.
- can open you up to new things and make you more self-aware as an individual.
- that you wish to act out, if you are with a partner, it will inevitably build your communication skills to ensure you get to live out your fantasy in each and every detail via role playing.
- can help build confidence. Asking for what you want when it comes to sex is a big thing and a skill you can take forward into other parts of your life.
- in your current relationship, or if you’re single, using an escort service may be just what you need to explore those fantasies – it may even be a fantasy in and of itself!
- Coronavirus Tips For Sexually Active Dating Singles - March 20, 2020
- Role Playing – The Sexual Health Benefits - December 10, 2019
- How Virtual Reality will Create More Intimate Experiences? - May 7, 2019